OINOS offers personalized Instructional Coaching to educators who are interested in becoming Master Teachers.
Oinos provides teachers the opportunity to telephonically dialogue one-on-one with a coach who specializes in helping their clients improve their effectiveness by introducing and guiding them in utilizing a variety of instructional models, teaching styles, and classroom management techniques.
Using a teacher’s unique OINOS Learning Type Profile the coach will discuss specific instructional or academic concerns that educators may be experiencing. The coach will provide suggestions and strategies that will improve their professional performance.
Benefits of Instructional Coaching *
- Ninety-one percent (91%) of teachers coached regularly stated that coaches helped them understand and use new teaching strategies.
- Seventy-nine (79%) percent of teachers coached regularly said that their coach played a significant role in improving their classroom instruction and practice.
- Teachers who were regularly coached one-on-one reported that they made significant changes in their instructional practice.
- Teachers who were regularly coached one-on-one reported that heir students were more engaged in the classroom and enthusiastic about learning.
- Teachers who were regularly coached one-on-one reported that attendance increased dramatically in their classes.
OINOS employs a variety of professional development procedures to foster widespread, high-quality implementation of interventions. Instructional coaching includes the following:
- Regular personalized conversations
- Guidance through the use of instructional manuals, checklists, and other materials
- Collaborate planning with teachers to identify when and how instructional interventions might be implemented
- Assistance with the preparation of instructional materials
- Modeling instructional practices
- Suggestions for classroom management
- Assistance with the development of evaluation and assessment tools
- Observation and feedback
* Data provided by Annenberg Foundation